2013 Seminar and Appraisal Day
Sunday 20th October 2013 @ 9am
Colonial Motor Inn
20 Queen Street, Campbelltown NSW
View Larger Map
This year we are hosting a Seminar along with the Appraisal Day to give people more of an opportunity to ask questions and to hear about the history of the Boerboel both in South Africa and Australia, as well as hearing talks on Health/Training, etc.
The seminar is open to all guests (not just members) wishing to attend. Download the 2013 Appraisal Day Programme.
We have two international guest speakers attending:
Mr Lourens Minnaar
(Mr Minnaar will also be appraising the dogs that attend)
- Owned his first registered dog in 1968 – a Staffordshire Bull Terrier - at the age of 15.
- Became involved in dog shows with Kennel Union of South Africa afiliation in 1976 and judged his first open show as an Open Show Judge in 1977.
- He received recognition as a Championship Show Judge by the Kennel Union of South Africa and judged his first Championship Show in 1979 as a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Specialist Judge.
- Judged the first Championship Show ever hosted by the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Pretoria.
- Founder member of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Pretoria and served as Vice Chairman and Editor of the Newsletter of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Pretoria, namely "The Ring", for many years.
- Left the Kennel Union of South Africa (KUSA) and got involved in the Historical Boerboel Organisation of South Africa.
- Was invited to judge the first Historical Boerboel Organisation of South Africa (HOBSA) Show.
- Became an appraiser in the Historical Boerboel Organisation of South Africa, and served on the Breed Standard Committee.
- Acted as one of the judges of the first National Boerboel Show held by the Historical Boerboel Organisation of South Africa.
- Acted as Head Judge at the first show for indigenous South African Dog Breeds, where he judged the South African Boer Windhonde, Ysterberg Mastiffs and Best In Show competition.
- He translated the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breed Standard to Afrikaans.
- Editor/Compiler of the Breed Standard for the Ysterberg Mastiffs.
Mr Abraham Christoffe Bloem
- Stoffel 'grew up' on the Ysterberg farm and learned first hand from Klaas van Waveren (father of the Ysterberg Boerboel).
- He became involved with the SABT and later also joined the HBSA. He was an appraiser at the HBSA and was on the team that organised the first and second National Boerboel Championships that were open to all organisations.
- Stoffel has judged at various SABT shows and an EBBASA show.
- In 2010 he left the Boerboel organisations and together with a few like-minded people started the Ysterberg Mastiff Breed Council.
- Stoffel organised the first show for indigenous South African Dog Breeds: South African Boer Windhonde, Ysterberg Mastiffs and Afrikanis.
Other guest speakers include representatives from:
- North Richmond Veterinary Hospital - Michelle Dalli (Bio)
- Naughty Dog School - Sandra Mullaly (Bio)
- Ataraxia Kennels - Craig Bloom
$100 per dog for members or $120 per dog for non-members
includes lunch and dinner
$65 per person or $110 for family
**Discounts apply if booking for both appraisal and seminar**
(Cost reduced to $50 per person or $100 for family)
Expression of interest and or booking to be emailed
to email@example.com as soon as possible
(no later than the 7th of October 2013)
Bookings also available directly via our online store
If accommodation is required, you can call and book with
Colonial Motor Inn on (02) 4625 2345.